Episode 90: Thomas Negovan Returns
This Wednesday we talked to Thomas Negovan, founder of the Century Guild Museum and Art Gallery, current representatives of Clive Barker’s artwork. We talked about Fear This, the announcement of the optioning of Imajica as a one-season TV series by Josh Boone, the fantastic Clive Barker: IMAGINER Paintings & Drawings books (funded through Kickstarter), part of an ongoing process of high-resolution archival and preservation of Clive Barker’s extensive body of work and his current Kickstarter book project: Steve Diet Goedde 25-Year Retrospective, Volume III with 25 days to go. We discuss the news first as usual, and at about 18 minutes in, we were joined by Thomas via Skype. The conversation flowed in the podcast’s typical conversational style to include some very interesting academic-level discussion of Clive’s 3 painting periods. Fascinating stuff.
People often don’t know that I paint. Recently, though, with Thomas Negovan of Century Guild having taken hold of my work in a major way, and put out the first volume of the Imaginer book, people have begun to understand what I’m doing a lot more. Thomas has become my great apologist and has really made people understand what I’m doing in a way that I never could. I’m really not that great at talking about my own art.
– Clive Barker, “Return of the Dark Master” by techgnotic, deviantART, 31 October 2014.
Show Notes for this Episode:
Clive Barker News:
- Mark Miller and Jovanka Vuckovic to appear at Shop Pop Comicon in Florida
- Midnight Meat Train (Dark Regions) available on Kindle!
- Tortured Souls Available on Audio Book
- Scarlet Gospels Back Cover “I smell Decaying Flesh. Someone has been raising the dead.”
- Scarlet Gospels 1st Review and Plot
- Clive Barker to supply afterword to Stephen King’s classic “Salems’s Lot”
- The Dirty Show Exhibition to feature Clive Barker work
- Oxholm Gallery will be holding an exhibition showing off some of Clive’s artwork
- Hellraiser Reunion Posters available for Days of the Dead – signed by Clive Barker
@Barkercast Site News:
- Tuesday Tunes: Coil Hellraiser Soundtrack
- The 5 Weirdest Clive Barker Adaptations
- Rob Ridenour’s Interview with the People of the Revelations Stage Play
- Collector’s Corner, Nightbreed Director’s Cut signed covers
- Imagica CCG Update
- Rob Ridenour’s “Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh” Review (Shout Factory Blu-Ray)
- Tuesday Tunes: Candyman Theme
- Unboxing Video: Midnight Meat Train Hardcover (Dark Press Regions)
iTunes (Leave a review!), Podomatic, XBOX Music Store, Tune-In Radio, Stitcher, Doubletwist, Blackberry and Pocketcast.
Facebook and Join the Occupy Midian group
Twitter: @BarkerCast | @OccupyMidian
Theme by Colin Lacativa: http://sabotagesound.bandcamp.com/